POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Please judge my PRTC : Please judge my PRTC Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Please judge my PRTC
From: Shay
Date: 27 Jan 2002 18:57:28
Message: <3c5493e8@news.povray.org>
A friend and I had a private ray tracing competetion this month. These are
the first real pictures either of us has done (besides shiny ball on a plane
type stuff), so be kind with the criticism. Also, both are definite WIPs. We
agreed on a time to stop, and quit mid-key stroke at the designated hour. I
will include here a small description of how each image was created, ala
IRTC. All votes and criticisms are appreciated.

IMAGE A was hand-coded in pov. Blobs, meshes, and CSG were used. The
modeling is somewhat complete, but the texturing is just begun.

IMAGE B was modeled in 3DMax and rendered in brice. Some of the texture maps
for this pic were lost due to last-minute computer problems, so the
texturing is very basic considering what it should have been.

Like I said, these are WIPs and first tries for both of us, but let us know
what you think. Please dont forget to include a vote with your comments.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'competitionpost.jpg' (59 KB)

Preview of image 'competitionpost.jpg'